02 Feb 5 Signs Something’s Wrong with Your HVAC
Noticed something a bit off with your climate control lately? It may still be keeping your home comfortable, but something’s not quite right. If it’s any of these signs, it’s time to call a professional.
1) Constant cycling. If your air conditioner or your heater is constantly turning on and off on and off instead of running for extended periods, you could have any number of problems. Even a new HVAC system can exhibit this particular symptom if it’s too large for the area it’s heating or cooling. Stay alert to the opposite problem, too—a unit that never, ever turns off.
2) Reduced output. If a heater or air conditioner that once kept your home comfortable no longer manages to do so, or you can notice a difference in the temperature or forcefulness of the air blowing from your vents, it may be a sign of trouble. Low airflow can result from a failing HVAC system or an obstruction in your ducts. Temperature differences can indicate a failing system or a leak allowing temperature-controlled air to seep away uselessly.
3) Excessive moisture. If your home was once comfortably dry, but lately exhibits excessive moisture, you may have a problem. If the issue is specifically localized to your HVAC unit, it’s even more likely you have a problem. Often, the issue arises from dirty or blocked up systems; with the reduced airflow, moisture accumulates. Sometimes this leads to your air conditioner freezing over.
4) Sudden power usage spikes. If your power bill changes wildly without any specific reason, it’s a huge red flag for your HVAC systems. As a primary consumer of energy in any home, you should be immediately suspicious of your heating systems and cooling systems in such a scenario.
5) Unusual smells. Bad smells, from burning odors to musty moldy scents, are a bad sign. They’re frequently associated with a dirty HVAC system, especially partially obstructed vents. Resolve these quickly, as the smell also means reduced air quality, which can, in turn, lead to any number of health problems, failing electronics, and other headaches.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, you can contact Axiom Home Services for heating and cooling services in the Albuquerque area. We’ll help you resolve the issue as quickly as possible.